Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2

This is my Dad.

He looks extra sweet because he's holding a baby.
Don't let this fool you.
My Dad is a superhero. It's true.
I don't know if it was a radioactive spider bite, gamma rays, or the fact that he was secretly born on the planet Krypton, but this man has survived cancer scares, an aneurysm in his cerebral cortex, a stroke, and having me as a teenaged daughter.

Of course, I've known he was a superhero since I was a little girl. (Although according to a tape from that period I also claimed he was a duck.) 

My father gave so much of himself over the years to see us well cared for. From him I got my dry wit, my over-use of eyebrows to convey information, a love of history, and an enjoyment of things that go boom. 

I love you, Dad. Thanks for being my hero.

No comments: