Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12

I've had dogs for most of my life, one way or another. The first dog in my life was Puppy (who was actually called Portia), a little schnauzer who lived with my grandparents. Later, I got to grow up with another awesome schnauzer named Max.

When Kevin and I were first together, we got Sophie.
Sophie was our family dog, and a wonderful friend to all of us. We lost her about a month ago now. It was sudden, completely unexpected, and heartbreaking. We were left with a pup-shaped hole in all of our lives, so we turned to a rescue in town that we had fostered for in the past.

So meet Toby:
He's just a little guy.
For now. I suspect he'll continue growing exponentially.

Dogs have so much to teach us, about love, about acceptance, about contentment, and about gratitude.

I am deeply thankful to have my life blessed by dogs.

No comments: