"I only ate on piece!" she said.
I raised an eyebrow. "You ate catfood?"
There was a long pause. "...no."
I put my hands on my hips. "Did it taste yucky?"
So that's pretty much my life these days.
- Gotten my PhD
- Gone on the job market in my field
- Had a handful of interviews for some very nice jobs that nevertheless went to other people
- Felt massively relieved when those jobs went to other people
- Realized that was a sign and gave up on the idea of Academia as a career, at least in the traditional sense
- Been diagnosed with autoimmune issues
- Been through a challenging pregnancy that ended up with the birth of Punk #2
I think it's safe to say I'm in a different place now, so it was time for a makeover. I also wanted to write in a more concrete way about activism, chronic illness, and parenting, so it felt like time to come back here and start it up again. I hope you'll join me.